• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1965 Cherokee 180 O360-a3a vibration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdowell

Reaction score
A Friend of mine who is a low time pilot just bought a 1965 Cherokee 180 with the O360-a3a engine. He got a great price on it knowing he was going to have to run down a problem. The problem is, the plane has a pretty decent vibration at about 950rpms. It is consistent on either one or both mags, and consistent when leaned out or full rich. The previous owner said it had always been there, and they have tried everything they could think of to resolve the issue. The plane has had new mags, a new carb, and a new prop put on it. I know the a3a is the hollow crank version and I’ve read that that can cause a resonance issue with some props. So, question, anyone with that engine in a c180, what prop are you running? Is there another way to resolve the issue? Any positive input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back