• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

What to consider after not flying for 5 months...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On Friday, I am headed to So Cal to finally get my plane and fly it up to Utah, our new home... and I have not seen the plane for 3 months or flown it for 5... another pilot friend has kept an eye on it as it is parked outside. It is dirty, and needs a bath but other than that, what should I look for before rinsing it off and blasting off for a 500 mile trip....

Doing an extending preflight, looking into the nooks and crannies is kind of the obvious, assuring oil level and inside the engine compartment is free of critters and such will be high on the list but what other things should be considered??...

Weather looks ok so far for a Friday afternoon trip, however dodging some thunderstorms may be needed. And staying in St George if a later start is also in the plan. There is a lot of smoke here in Utah, but it is about like flying in the Los Angels area in the smog.... so that is not a concern.

What else to consider??...

Latest posts

Back