• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

uAvionix (Aerovonics) AV-30 Certified - $1,995

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see certification is now "early Q3." I presume corona-related delays. Any of you insiders know more?
Take it for what it’s worth, but this was posted on Facebook yesterday. The poster isn’t uAvionix, but they appear to be a reseller who has some inside knowledge.

Attachments

• 314E1465-0B46-4B24-BD58-44A628251176.jpeg
    314E1465-0B46-4B24-BD58-44A628251176.jpeg
    440.7 KB · Views: 115
Take it for what it’s worth, but this was posted on Facebook yesterday. The poster isn’t uAvionix, but they appear to be a reseller who has some inside knowledge.
Potential good news for those who already have a deposit down, but I wouldn't suggest putting down a deposit based solely on the call to action in that post—it's a pretty-common pattern for vapourware in the IT community, or pump-and-dump scams among investors ("I have inside information that X is going to happen, so you'd better get in early by doing Y.").

The guy at the avionics shop said that this product was garbage and he won’t install them. Not sure if it’s because he can’t make enough money on it or if he actually thinks that. But I bought the stratus esg transponder with adsb too. My a and p friend can install it and got me a good price from spruce, almost the same as uvonix. Seems like a better option.

The guy at the avionics shop said that this product was garbage and he won’t install them. Not sure if it’s because he can’t make enough money on it or if he actually thinks that. But I bought the stratus esg transponder with adsb too. My a and p friend can install it and got me a good price from spruce, almost the same as uvonix. Seems like a better option.
"Garbage" is pretty harsh. I would say it's a good alternative to an old electric turn and slip. It's more reliable than Vaccum. But it's probably not on par with a G5, GI-275 or an Aspen.

I have the AV-20s. It's a nice backup unit.

You sure the shop wasn't talking about SkyBeacon or TailBeacon ADS-B units? They aren't favored by many shops, don't make much money on them if they are a straightforward install and a pain in the rear if there are any complications with an old transponder to troubleshoot.

The AV-30 looks nice. It and the rest of the slide in glass panel gauges are nice for a retrofit of older planes within limited budgets. I just took advantage of buying a nice used vacuum driven DG with a heading bug for barely over $100 after someone upgraded, so even the bottom feeders like me are winning on all these new upgrades.

Interesting opinion, considering there are exactly zero units currently installed in certified aircraft! I’m guessing he’s just partial to whatever platform he’s currently selling, and I’m guessing the short installation time is also a disincentive for him.

You sure the shop wasn't talking about SkyBeacon or TailBeacon ADS-B units? They aren't favored by many shops, don't make much money on them if they are a straightforward install and a pain in the rear if there are any complications with an old transponder to troubleshoot.

The AV-30 looks nice. It and the rest of the slide in glass panel gauges are nice for a retrofit of older planes within limited budgets. I just took advantage of buying a nice used vacuum driven DG with a heading bug for barely over $100 after someone upgraded, so even the bottom feeders like me are winning on all these new upgrades.
Yeah I think that’s what it was.

Latest posts

Back