• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Tach Markings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,
I picked up a used Electronics International R-1 tack for my project PA-28-180. I sent it off to Oregon to have it checked and reprogrammed. You have to fill out their work order form specifying the rpm ranges for the light color coding. The mechanical tach in the aircraft has a yellow band from 2000-2325 rpm. I had asked my A&P about the yellow range and he said it probably is a range to avoid prolonged operations in because of prop/engine harmonic or something. Got a call from EI today and was asked to provide STC or documentation for the yellow range, since the AFM only shows the normal (green) range is 500-2700 and red line is >2700. I checked the prop log and didn't find anything about a caution range and there is nothing else in the AFM or other documentation I got from the previous owner. EI tech suggested the tach was incorrectly marked or the wrong instrument for the plane...
Any suggestions to where I can find info on the yellow range marking? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Tach 06J.jpg
    Tach 06J.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Tach EI R1-1.jpg
    Tach EI R1-1.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back