• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

rear cabin dimensions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hindsight2020

Reaction score
Figured come to the Piper forum to ask this question.

So I tried a Comanche 250 for size last week, since we're daydreaming about potential upgrades from the Arrow. Though the front seat width improvement from the PA28 was apparent (nice, as advertised) I was very much surprised and disappointed when I sat in the back. I don't care what anyone says, we could not fit the car seat back there, and my legs were making contact with the front seat in a position where I would normally fly in the front, and I'm only 5'9"-5'10". Don;t mean to start a holy war, but it was cramped back there. Wife caught it and looked at me and I tried and had to tell her, you're right (not trying to mansplain so trigger warning for ya sensitive professional umbrage typesLOL). Had to do a double take especially with folks talking about shoehorning 6 people in a comanche. Ran back to my arrow to double check, and oh yeah the leg room difference was apparent.

I haven't found any literature that suggests the comanche cabin was lengthened, so we had to discard it from consideration. The only reason I fly anything more than a 2-seater is the family, and that 250 back seat just doesn't work for them. It has rekindled a new appreciation for the Arrow II rear cabin for us, which again I was very surprised.

Since I don't have access to the 260 and beyond, anyone have any source that describes a bigger cabin versus the 250? I'd love to see it, because the Comanche really would represent the right step up for us. Otherwise I'm looking at getting creative since we want the Lance but can't afford the asking prices. That means looking into Seneca I, or cherokee 6-260 and the wife already said she doesn't want to go slower than the Arrow so the latter is kinda out without some heavy speed modding.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back