• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Hooker Harness - "Quickie" Shoulder Belts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Adding an inertia reel shoulder harness is on my upgrade list for next year but every time my wife buckles up with the lap belt, she always makes the comment, "A lot of good this is going to do me if we have to put it down." I know she's right so in the meantime, I decided to add these. While not ideal, they're better than nothing and they only cost me $150 for the pair. For those who aren't familiar, there a single strap in the back that is secured to the rear seat straps and the front two straps are held by your existing lap belt. Obviously the downside is, they can't be used with rear seated passengers but that's rare for me. Also, if you have the low back seats like mine and your shoulders are above the seat back, the odds are high for spine compression upon impact but face planting in the panel sounds worse to me. Another disadvantage is, I can't reach the fuel selector with them so in cruise, I usually slip them off. Best part is, it gives my wife more piece of mind. Still planning on getting the "reel" deal installed next year though.

IMG_8766.jpg

Latest posts

Back