• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Carpet Replacement Assistance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csfahey

Reaction score
For those that replaced carpet in their Cherokee 140 and purchased it from SCS, how did you do the rear seat installation? I am a bit perplexed. I bought a 1968 Cherokee 140B fixer-upper and I have no reference for how it was supposed to look when installed since it had no back seats or carpet in it at all. SCS is not providing me with very good information on how to do it.

In particular, the rear seats mount to a board that has a hinge at the back and folds down to rest on top of the spar. The pieces of carpet I received from them are bigger than the board. The carpet is slightly wider than the board and much longer with unfinished edges. The piece of carpet that covers the front of the spar doesn't fit very well over the center floor cover for the control cables and the seat rails extend back to the spar on the floor so the carpet cannot be positioned flush with the floor. Also, it is much taller than the spar either way.

If anyone can offer advise or provide pictures of how carpet is installed in the back of a Cherokee 140, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
69187721700__7136F61D-5D51-4727-8338-6D4EBAA3E333.jpg

IMG_2766-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back