• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Prop - Dynamic Balance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjiv

PA28-236
Reaction score
I went to Sensenich Prop Services at KLNS to get my Dakota prop dynamic balance because I felt that it vibrated more than the warrior I owned and would be good to get it checked.

The readings were at 1.14(I think that's what he said because I thought ideally it was below 0.1)and shifting so the shop tried for couple of hours and were unable to balance the prop as the readings were shifting each time and they couldn't chase it. They said it's out of limit and varying for them to be able to balance it. Prop has 1300 hours since overhaul in 1999. The team there was very helpful and friendly.

So I am in for a prop overhaul. Left the plane there and rented a car to drive 2 HR back home. Just wanted to get it done with instead of making another trip and have someone chase me in second plane to bring me back home.

Overhaul $2175 plus Dynamic Balance $250. Should be ready by Monday if not this Saturday. Hope that solves it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back