• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

PA32 purchase questions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piper Cherokee 6 of Piper Saratoga FG

• Total voters

Gregplatt

Reaction score
Hi,
Couple of quick questions from PA32 owners or people that know. What is the actual cabin height on the front seats. The POH doesn't say and i keep seeing two different numbers. I know that the width is 49", but the height is listed at either 49" or 42.5". I'm hoping it's 49, the 42.5 is the same as my old archer, which is where the mistakes make be coming from??
Saratoga vs Six. I know that this has been discussed so many times online, and i've read most of them. I just need a quick summary from experienced users. This is how i see it researching information online:
PA-32-300 (non turbo)
Pros:
Shorter takeoff roll
more useful load
no dual mag on the engine
cheaper to buy (not so much anymore)
Cons:
Looks a little dated with the Hershey wings (my opinion)
4 tanks vs "2" in most models
less glide ratio (i think)
in general older planes

am i close on this? I sold my archer 2 a while back and wanted to go the 205/206 route but i keep getting pulled into the Piper Products
Thanks

Latest posts

Back