• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Mechanical Fuel Pump screws and leaking oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baron62

Reaction score
The mechanical fuel pump on my 85 Archer appears to be slighly leaking oil from the upper gasket. The pump works fine with good pressure. My mechanic said that the screws commonly become loose and they should be checked periodically to make sure they are not loose. Over the last 250 hours of flying I have tightened them several times.

Does anybody have any tips on keeping these screws tight? Maybe Nord Lock washers?

I put some torque seal on the screws to see if I could visually inspect and that did not go so well. They loosen and don't disrupt the torque seal at all. Just spins below the the the torque seal. Useless in this application.

Latest posts

Back