• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Brake Linings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wisemanjt

Reaction score
We have recently bought a 1976 Lance II, Beautiful airplane. Unfortunately I am afraid that the previous owner had maintenance done to it that were not the correct parts. For instance, the brake linings that were put on were for a piper arrow, the Lance according to the parts manual stated that they were 30-65 brake calipers, the linings for which are 66-105's. I installed them but to my dismay after torquing them down the plane was immobile due to the linings being "too thick" I put in some spacers added to the phenolic spacer that is a part of the calipers. any thoughts to why they might be too thick? it seems that maybe there might be too much brake dust or carbon residue to allow the proper space for the linings. any ideas would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back