• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Arrrg, I’m going to stop looking for a plane now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think looking for a plane is equivalent to looking for a significant other. When you are actively looking, you don’t seem to find the one you want. Whereas when you aren’t looking the perfect one seems to show up.

Went and looked at a 1977 Lance today. It’s not on the market yet.

3500 tt 250 tt on the engine OH in 2008. Paint is a 8, Interior club seating a 5.

Garmin 430 non-WAAS, Kx155, dual glideslope, Garmin 496, JPI 700, KT76 Transponder, and S-Tec

I about fell out of the plane when he told me he wanted $150k for it as there are a bunch being listed at $125k and they aren’t nearly as good as his.

I chuckled and thought to myself there’s a reason why they are still sitting and it’s because the combination of engine time, avionics, and price isn’t worth buying it.

I thought long and hard trying to justify it but just couldn’t. First and foremost, the non-WAAS was a breaker. It’s another 4k to upgrade or I drop $15k for a GTN650, at this point I might as well drop another $20k for glass and ads-b.

By this time I might as well buy a newer Saratoga, although I really do like the useful load of the early Lance.

Well back to the drawing board.

Latest posts

Back