• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Arrow speeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwihlen

Reaction score
Hey I'm looking to buy my first plane I really want an arrow or a lance. I'm just wondering if any of you guys flying these planes could help me out on TAS instead of just the piper posted air speed. The websites like rising up post a speed but from other planes I've looked at they are posting a speed that tends to be 10-15 knots faster then what people are actually flying at.

I'm looking for a ifr travel plane flying 475-650nm on most trips. I'm looking for at least 140knots for under $65,000. I think the turbos are a bit above my price range because the ones I can afford seem to be within 200 hours of tbo and I'd rather not have to fork out $40,000 in year two on top of maintenance and inspections. So anyone flying one of these birds please help me out.

Arrow speeds and fuel burn at
100%
75%
65%

Arrow II
100%
75%
65%

Arrow III
100%
75%
65%