• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Arrow Gear not fully retracting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyerdad

Reaction score
I have a 1968 Arrow 180. On a recent flight when I placed the gear switch in the retract position there initially appeared to be no motion. I cycled the switch from up to down and then back to up. This time the gear cycle appeared normal and the pump shut off after the normal cycle time but the in transit light remained lit. A fly by of the tower confirmed the nose gear retracted and the mains stopped mid way. The gear extended and locked down normally and the pump shut down normally on the extension cycle. In the hangar on the jacks the system cycles normally. A&P suggests either the shuttle (hoof) valve malfunctioning or low pump pressure. Has anyone seen this before?

Steve
N7418j

Sent from my iPad using Piper Forum

Latest posts

Back