• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Arrow Gear issue- Left main stays on even after retraction!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Messinger

Reaction score
Took off today and the gear came up normally. The gear in transit light came on as normal, until the gear was up properly.

I knew it came up properly as I confirmed no more load on the alternator once gear was up and locked. It cycles up and down perfectly except for that pesky left main gear light never changing from green and staying on.

HOWEVER……….

Even though the gear retracted normally, the left main gear light stayed on the entire time.
I recycled a few times and the left main gear light stayed on regardless of whether the gear was actually up or not.
When I dropped the gear for landing, the gear came down normally and it showed 3 green. Of course the left main gear was on the entire time, so actually it was really the nose gear and right main gear that showed 3 green.

Any thoughts what is happening? Just a bad actuator or something more serious?

Latest posts

Back