• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

What is this jack for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkvet

Reaction score
There is a single 1/8" audio jack right above my garmin GMA 340 in the panel. I've always kind of assumed it was for me to connect my phone / iPod / etc up to the audio panel to play music or whatever.

It's got a small label below it that is labeled COM 2. Hard to tell from the picture because the label is curled a little.

Today I got curious and tried to connect my phone to it and see if I could get any audio to come out. I tried all kinds of buttons on the garmin audio panel and nothing.

I will say I also have a PXE7300 which is basically an am/fm radio with CD player. I'm sure it was top notch 15 years ago...

Anyway, I'm not sure if this jack is there and tied to the audio panel or the PSE player. When I go through the modes on the player it does not go to an "auxiliary mode" which seems to be correct if a remote jack like this was hooked up.

Anybody have any theories as to what the jack is for and how to use it?

If not is there an easy way to get MP3 music to the audio panel? Maybe I should replace this PSE unit with an XM radio receiver that has aux input?

Latest posts

Back