• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Pre-made harness suggestions-audio panel.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have access to a free Garmin 340 audio panel. I also have access to an acquaintance who is an avionics IA. That being said, I'm thinking of upgrading my audio panel and getting rid of the antiquated intercom which is less than clear. Before I approach him for a quote for help installing and signing off I have some preliminary questions. I've attached photos of my panel and equipment including the intercom.

Bendix/King KA134-TSO
Avidyne 440
Narco MK 12D TSO
Intercom-DRE Communications

A few questions:

1. Is this intercom "stereo" so that I won't have to rewire the rear jacks?
2. The copilot jacks have audio inputs so that I can play music from my phone through the intercom.
3. Based on my panel, how easy or plug-n-play will a premade harness be?
4. Looking for recommendations for premade harness companies to make this as painless as possible.

Attachments

• IMG_6425.JPG
    IMG_6425.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5224.jpg
    IMG_5224.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 31
  • co-pilot jacks.jpg
    co-pilot jacks.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 28

Latest posts

Back