• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Turbo Arrow Settings and ?s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyguydon

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting
Reaction score
I have been flying an Arrow II for 7 years. Been great but want to go faster and higher.

I am picking up a Turbo Arrow III next week to see how I like it. I am gonna keep my current one too until I am certain the TA is the way to go.

I have a few questions for Turbo Arrow drivers:

My current plane I have been flying at basically 24/24 or 24 and whatever altitude will provide.

I do not see anything like that on the turbo power chart. It all seems to gravitate to like 23/33. So, regardless of altitude are you "supposed" to cruise at boost? If you pull it back to like 24/24 does it just perform like a normally aspirated Arrow, or is this not a good setting? I see take off at 2575/41. What... like two minutes and back down. Would it be better if you have plenty of runway to take off at 2575/33 so you do not stress the engine?

Now... on starting.

My current plane is COLD: prime/idle shutoff/slight off idle/pump on/ crank
HOT: same with no prime.
Starts every time.

I am seeing the POH stating very different things for the turbo. Tell me what works best for you. I'd almost assume the same as my current one would work, but it seems the POH has other ideas.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back