• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Tachometer limitation question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have an 0-360-A3A engine with a hollow camshaft and the Sensenich M76EMM-60 prop that has the k at the end of the serial number which apparently indicates that it has had the k-mod.

This airplane is a ‘63 and the tachometer does not have the rpm limitation on it for the 2150-2350 continuous operation nor is there a placard.

One of the other members has pointed out after seeing my panel that he was surprised to not see the limitation on the tach and was king enough to forward the accident report relating to it.

The AFM states that the limitation is for props that are M76EMM-O and mine is a -60.

Is it possible that this whole time with me being the third owner and 60 years of annuals and inspections that it has been completely ignored, or is the kmod on a -60 exempt from the limitation?

Just curious. I have already bought the placard and mod for the tach but just wondered if anyone has the same engine/prop set up without the limitation.

Latest posts

Back