• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

"Six" versus Lance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThirtyWest

Reaction score
So I have managed to get a hold of some performance charts for the six and Lance.

I am trying to find the benefit of the lance over the six.

Also, for takeoff performance issues we would be looking for the straight tail.

Anyway:

Looking at the cruise performance of the two books I found I can see much of a difference until you start using 75% power. At 65% the six looks to be only a hair slower. At 75% it's closer to 10 kts. Give or take as the charts aren't clear about leaning. I'd prefer to not run it too hot even if it costs a little more fuel.

Moving another question over to the proper forum now:
Is there an advantage to the Lance over, say, a six with lopresti or laminar flow kits installed? Those sites boast upwards of 19mph if I read correctly.

This is the first aircraft to be owned, and I don't know the costs associated with retractable gear.

If there is a true Six versus Lance thread I would like to read it. I'll be searching the archives in the meantime.

Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back