• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Six VS Conventional Tail Lance Cost of Ownership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unipres

Reaction score
PA-28-140 owner looking to get IFR/Commercial ratings and a family hauler airplane. I've been intrigued by the Six based on utility and costs but an older Lance can also be had reasonably. I'm curious how much more can I expect on insurance costs and maintenance on retractable gear Lance over a Six?

I've already ruled out the T-tail Lance based on it's characteristics and occasional shorter/country strips. It looks like the speed difference is marginal, two tanks vs four looks nice. Since I'm wanting my commercial ticket in the future, this punches both the complex and high performance endorsements. Am I better off staying with a Six and just renting an Arrow for training? What are your thoughts?

Latest posts

Back