• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

SiriusXM's go-to aviation guy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canuck

David Megginson
Reaction score
For anyone having problems with SiriusXM weather, I have finally unearthed the name of the guy who supposedly can fix aviation and marine weather stuff: according to tech-support people, it's Dan Dickerson, who you can reach at [email protected] (make sure to mention his name in the subject line). If anyone else has an unusual issue, this might save you two hours on the phone finding out who actually knows what's going on.

Background: I've been struggling today on the phone with Garmin, SiriusXM Canada, and SiriusXM US to get weather working with my new GDL 51. SiriusXM Canada assured me a couple of weeks ago that it would just be a matter of opening a ticket, but I wasn't smart enough to write down the guy's name, and everyone I talk to now is baffled by the problem.

The issue is that the new SXAR1 weather packages (which new devices like the GDL 51 need) aren't available in Canada yet, but SiriusXM US won't sell them to something with a Canadian billing address. If all else fails, I'll try adding a secondary billing address to my credit card for a parcel-drop place nearby in Ogdensburg, NY, but I'm hoping that it won't come to that.

D

Latest posts

Back