• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Shopping for the Arrow

Armavia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello there.

My first post on this forum.
I’m on the market for the Arrow plane. Arrow turbo III is my goal. Will be interested about all available arrows.
Thanks,

Armen M.

Arrow4

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Since your specific I am sure those with Turbo 3's will chime in. Good luck on the hunt!

Azpilot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
TA3s are allllllll over the place, price and equipment wise.

Are you based in the US, or elsewhere?

67roadjet

Turbo Arrow IV
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also wanted an Turbo Arrow 3 but settled for a low time Turbo Arrow 4. Alot of the Arrow 3s I was interested in had a history of nose gear collapses due to cracks in the strut. Piper beefed up the strut in the Arrow 4. In your search always check the aircraft history for damage, ADs and SBs. I‘ve had my Turbo Arrow 4 for 4 years and have been pretty happy. It’s headed to the paint and interior shop next month for its first makeover in 41 years!

Armavia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also wanted an Turbo Arrow 3 but settled for a low time Turbo Arrow 4. Alot of the Arrow 3s I was interested in had a history of nose gear collapses due to cracks in the strut. Piper beefed up the strut in the Arrow 4. In your search always check the aircraft history for damage, ADs and SBs. I‘ve had my Turbo Arrow 4 for 4 years and have been pretty happy. It’s headed to the paint and interior shop next month for its first makeover in 41 years!
I appreciate you advise 67roadjet.
checking planes history is a must, inspections.
Sounds like you love flying arrow 4, don’ you? I heard it behaves differently between setting changes because of T-tail.
otherwise I don’t mind it at all.
Thank you.

Azpilot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not heard of significant issues with the TA3 gear (and a quick internet search doesn’t reveal hits for the topic either). Please share a source for this if you have one.

The 3 and the 4 do indeed fly differently. You’d notice it most in the takeoff (rotation) and on final / in the flare. I did not particularly enjoy those phases in the 4....but I’m sure that could change with more time in them (I have about 5 hours in a 4, and own a 3).

EchoDelta

Reaction score
Sounds like you love flying arrow 4, don’ you? I heard it behaves differently between setting changes because of T-tail.
I fly a NA Arrow IV. Actually, the T-tail reduces (essentially eliminates) pitch changes with changes in power or flap position. Differences in handling compared to the "straight" tail are primarily in greater elevator forces required for rotation at takeoff and reduced ability to "unload" the nose gear using up elevator at the beginning of a takeoff run on a contaminated or soft runway.