• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Seat Adjustment Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rykymus

Reaction score
Yeah, I know that the answer to my problem is to lose some weight. I'm working on it.

Meanwhile, I have a problem with my seat position.

My usual position, while comfortable for handling the control wheel, makes me have to lean forward slightly to reach the console, and makes my have to use my tip-toes to get full rudder authority. It also has my right arm fully outstretched to hold the throttle at full power during takeoff.

If I move to the next position forward, I can reach everything comfortably, (including full authority on the rudder pedals) but I'm a bit cramped with the control wheel. (Thanks to my beer belly.)

I've tried both and keep coming back to the back position, even though I like being able to reach everything easily in the forward position.

So my question is this. Has anyone ever drilled, cut, or otherwise created an intermediate stop to lock the seat in? I think it would be perfect if I could create one between the two positions.

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back