• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Required documents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N34DL

Live Free or Die
Reaction score
In speaking with another pilot, the topic of required documents came up and after the discussion we both found ourselves to be less clear than when we started.
Here is my question(s) - What documents are required to be in an aircraft and what documents must a pilot have to be legal? Those that I am not sure of are marked with a "?".

Here is my list. Please feel free to correct and or add to the list.

Aircraft:
Certificate of Aircraft Registration
Airworthiness Certificate
Aircraft Flight Manual (serial numbered for that specific aircraft)
Weight and Balance
FCC Radio license?

Pilot:
License
Medical Certificate?
Identification
Pilot's Logbook?
Paper Sectionals -- (Can a private pilot legally use an iPad to replace the paper sectionals)

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back