• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Question about required ARROW documents in plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a question regarding the documents that are required to be in a plane before flying. I understand that the FAA requires that only the original version of the Airworthiness Certificate (not a facsimilie) be in the plane. A Xerox copy of the airworthiness certificate is not allowed. However, what about the other documents? Is a Xerox copy of the registration certificate allowable? I believe the original copy of the Pilot Operating Handbook (or a copy purchased from an authorized distributor) is required. I don't think you're allowed to Xerox the POH and keep the original in your safe and the copy in the plane (but I could be wrong). The weight and balance is calculated for the plane and isn't an official document, however, does the weight and balance have to be the actual copy produced by the guy who weighed the plane or is a Xerox copy of the original allowable?

I had an experience once with losing some of the original documents for my plane because they were kept in the plane. I'd much rather make a copy of the originals and keep them in the plane and the originals in my safe.

Anyone have an answer?

Latest posts

Back