• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Replacing Piper Bowtie Yoke with ACS A-1310

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelglick

Reaction score
The old bowtie style yokes used in many Cherokee 140's are subject to AD 69-22-02 to inspect every 100 hours for cracks. Unfortunately, one of my yokes failed inspection during my most recent annual. I have ordered no less than 4 replacement bowtie yokes and all have had evidence of this cracking and are therefore not airworthy.

There is a replacement yoke that would be an excellent solution to this problem, but it is not FAA-PMA. I have seen this part used on other PA28-140's, but the only way to do this on a certified aircraft is through the local FSDO with a Form 337 and field approval.
Does anyone have any experience replacing their yoke with this part? Does anyone have a copy of a Form 337 through which this part was replaced? That would go a long way towards getting a field approval through the local FSDO office.

The replacement yoke is the ACS Control Wheel A-1310 - http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/acscontrolwhl3a.php

Latest posts

Back