• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Prop Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexcomanche180

Reaction score
i have a 1958 comanche with a hartzell prop, i just got the prop overhauled, today when doing my preflight i felt the prop move, and i was able to move the full pitch by hand, got on the plane start it up warm it up and cycle the prop, prop works great, flew to gls prop maintain pitch no events, went back to beaumont check prop after landing and wont move, then in 10 min i was able to move it again, talk to the guy at san antonio propeller ( he overhaul the prop) and he say this prop is not spring loaded so once i land and oil back off the hub i should be able to move it, i being looking many friends planes i never felt a prop that would move the full pitch each way, any wisdom from anyone, props works perfectly tough every person i discuss this is saying they never felt a prop doing that :confused:

Latest posts

Back