• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Placement of Avionics Master

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertNomad

Reaction score
In my Dakota, I have an avionics master (connected through a solenoid) and an aux avionics master connected in parallel. There were originally to the right my my two CDI instruments.

In my new panel I want to leave that space empty for better control of the touch screen (a place to rest my hand), so I am thinking about putting them just to the left of the clock where I have room.

My shop is concerned about putting them on the panel at all and would like to put them in two black circuit breaker holes which they feel is safer.

I can't see what difference it makes since there is still lots of live power behind the panel as more devices hove power of some sort.

Thoughts?

Latest posts

Back