• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper Lance seating question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USMCF18

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been actively searching for a Lance since the end of July, and have been working with a broker to facilitate that, but to no avail as yet. We are focusing on the 76-77 straight tail NA's, and there seem to be far more "quality" forward facing seats than those of the club variety. Based on our family of five sizes (I'm 6'0/190lbs and have two growing teen boys plus my two ladies) I am concerned about leg room, and have so far limited our searching to club configs. All of the pics that I have studied on forward faces show the pilot/copilot seats literally up against the second row, leaving no legroom whatsoever. I have long- ish legs and am concerned that this would get tight (either for me or the rest of us) rather quickly. What are your opinions of space available for either configuration? Does either work well for space and it is really just personal preference? Help!

Latest posts

Back