• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Lance Seat Floor Replacement - CAD file attached

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpuetthoff1

Reaction score
As part of my interior restoration project, my Lance's Seat Floor, Part # 37829-003, which is an Aluminum/ Foam Sandwich Board, was so deteriorated, I decided to produce a new part under FAR 21.303(b)(2) (Owner Produced Parts). Piper wanted close to $700 for the board WITHOUT any cutouts.

I bought two 24" x 48", 0.032" thick 2024 Aluminum sheets, rigid Polyether Polyurethane foam (both available at Spruce) and will use 3M High Strength 90 industrial adhesive to adhere the panels together.
Before, however, I am having the aluminum laser cut to size and all holes cut. CAD drawing attached for anyone interested (.pdf and .dxf (in .zip file))

Each bolt hole in the previous panel had a spacer 1/4" OD, 9/16" tall and ID for a #8 screw. So, I am following that concept and made sure all spacers were the same height, and bought any missing spacers at McMaster- Carr.

One addition will be the temporary mounting of an C-size SkyOx O2 tank between the middle seats with proper clamps, instead of having the tank in a bag hanging from the seatbacks, which I found hard to reach.
We'll see how all this turns out.

Attachments

• SeatFloor.pdf
    113 KB · Views: 16
  • SeatFloor.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back