• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

For Sale 1978 Piper Lance II Turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmoodie

Reaction score
1978 Piper PA 32RT-300T

Lance T-Tail turbo.
SMOH 1776.5
STOH 636
SPOH 1776.5

Price $140,000

This plane has fresh annual and good consistent compressions. This is a chance to buy a plane that is priced at timed out with a set of 600-hour cylinders and a 600-hour turbo and a 300-hour magneto. I also have a fully rebuilt magneto spare. This plane has never sat for more than 5 days since I owned it and shows no signs of needing an engine. It is a rare opportunity to run some free hours prior to rebuilding. If flown responsibly and cool it could have lots of hours and many years left.

The plane had a gear-up landing in 2012 prior to my buying that required minor repairs. Replaced belly hat rails. replaced step and replaced flaps. There is no visual indication of the repair and I have never seen any compromise as a result of these repairs.

The plane needs paint. It's not terrible but is original. I replaced the interior in 2015 with Airtex leather. Installed new carpet and side panels. I also added a console that spans between the pilot/co-pilot seat and the rear club seats. It has two iPad holders, one for the pilot in your right hand and one in the back for passengers to either have a Foreflight app or movies, etc. It also holds a supplemental O2 bottle.

Avionics:
Garmin GNS 430 WAAS
Stratus ads-b transponder
collins comm and nav backup
Garmin G5 in HSI mode
Century III autopilot. Fully functional with altitude hold. Has been sent off to Auto Pilot Central for reconditioning.
Insight G2 engine monitor
This is the SUV of the sky with a high useful load and good speed. At 15K it will fly at 165 knots true. At 11.5K it will fly at 155 knots.

Gami injectors
vertical card compass
sky tec started
Hartzell alternator
1 year-old battery

I'll add some pictures of the interior and panel once I go to the plane in the next day or two.
IMG_0054.JPG
20140214_174152.jpg
IMG_0054.JPG
20140214_174152.jpg
20140214_174321.jpg
20140216_113504.jpg
20140214_174332.jpg

Latest posts

Back