• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

1976 Piper Lance Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netsurfr

Reaction score
Hi everyone. New to the forums here. I'm a relatively new pilot having gotten my PPL in 2012. I have about 140 hours and recently started IFR training. Most of my flying has been on Cessna 172 although I have some hours in Piper Warriors/Archers and with a constant speed prop plane (DA40). I rent but have been toying around w/ a flying club or shared ownership. I came across a 1976 Piper Lance (PA32R-300) that's hangared 10 minutes from where I live and shared by 2 owners. One of them has moved away from the area so he's looking at selling his share.

My post here is to hopefully get honest feedback as to the Lance and what I should be looking into should I decide to move forward. We are a family of 3 but I've already experienced the limitations of useful load w/ the Cessna 172 and Archers so I had read that the Cherokee 6 is a good "family" plane so this Lance peaked my interest even though it has retractable gear. The airplane has about 4200 hours since new & about 200 SMOH. New interior and exterior in 2001. Good electronics including IFR, autopilot and Garmin 530. Seats all face forward (no club seating) and no AC.

Any help/advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Latest posts

Back