• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper Cherokee Fuel Gauge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bbzz2112

Reaction score
Just had a new gauge cluster installed in a Piper Cherokee. The left gauge operates wonderfully. The right gauge reads about 2-5 gallons when the 12v is applied. I switched the sender wires from left over to right and it reads as correctly and matched the left tank gallons spot on.

This tells me the ground and voltage being applied is correct. It also tells me that the gauge is operational.

Because the gauge read 2-5 gallons, it eliminates a short on the fuel sender (would read 0 gallons). It also eliminates a poor ground (would read max gallons).

Therefore, I am heading down the path to have my AP pull the tank and check proper sender operation. Since my AP is starching his head, this make me nervous and see $$$ that most likely do not need to be spent.

Any thoughts? Any other tips to assess?

Stuck float
Poor float alignment
Bad sender

???

Latest posts

Back