• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper ashtray insert- PIREP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of the newest members of the forum @Pa32Pilot has a nice little side project business where he produces parts for our beloved airplanes. I saw his stuff after he joined the forum and decided to buy a piece to see if I liked it. Here's the link to his page: https://www.smj-aeroproducts.com/ He's a sponsor on this forum as well and can be found on the Sponsor Marketplace.
IMG_7842.JPG
IMG_3410.JPG
IMG_4663.JPG
IMG_4339.JPG
IMG_8302.JPG
IMG_5848.JPG
IMG_7842.JPG
IMG_3410.JPG
IMG_4663.JPG
IMG_4339.JPG
IMG_8302.JPG
IMG_5848.JPG

It's an ashtray insert for the veritable Piper armrest that were installed in Cherokees, Arrows, and PA32's and probably more airframes. The insert as shown in the pictures doesn't interfere with your arm at all. I've had it in the plane for about two weeks and multiple flights and 100% forgot it was there until I needed to grab a pen or iPad stylus. Super easy to find those pens when needed to scratch down a clearance or alter a flight plan with the stylus.

Ordered online and received shipping updates from the seller and the package arrived rather quickly.

I give the product a 100% on quality and functionality. I give it a 85% on value, but everything in aviation is expensive. We do own and fly our own airplanes...

I paid for the product and was offered nothing for this review.

Latest posts

Back