• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

THE PIPER PEN PAL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI, All,

Sorry if any difficulty navigating the web site; it's my first shot at using Wix. As TheDoc says, if you go to "Shop", you can view prices, select & purchase, etc.

The laptop/desktop version seems to be a little easier to navigate (and has animation) than the portable version.

I had the same issue!

May I suggest?

Your site breaks several "rules" for ecommerce sites... and this will affect your sales..

- Nuke the animated clouds background, the lettering is of low contrast and fine font, and at times the colour of the animated background obliterates the font. (and the information needed) Observe the major e-commerce sites, you will never see animated backgrounds on an Amazon or E-Bay page!

-You have a "flash" for the Piper forum that comes up, and I must dis it to continue! (A popup!) (!!!!!!!) NEVER allow this, or anything else, to interrupt the sales process! The process is... Awareness / Comprehension / Desire / Action. Take your customer through this directly without distraction.

-I initially missed the description of the curtain rod parts because I now realise the animation behind the font was almost the same colour and tone of the lettering at the moment I was looking, and on my screen, I had to scroll down the page to see it.

-If your customer has to "figure out" how to get to the "point of purchase" you will loose them unnecessarily.

-Suggest you tighten up the page layout to eliminate scrolling until in the catalogue, where most EXPECT to scroll for multiple products. The scrolling in the pages allows some of the top labels to overlap, and I got spun off to somewhere else when I tried to select the quantity.

-On your home page, you are asking for an email address and to allow to be notified.. Too soon,- move this to later on, when viewers have had time to get comfortable with your site before being asked for personal information.

-On the purchase page, there is an image regarding SSL Shopping. Never heard of it, but that's OK! The issue is that it is not linked to more information, so we can determine a comfort level for our personal information and this transaction. The fact that is NOT linked to detailed information is... ummm… awkward.

Some ideas for you.. FWIW! A web marketing pro will be able to offer more. (There is a lot more) My information may be dated. (It's been a while) :)

Wishing you success with this! :)

Cap

Hi Cap,

Thank you for your advice re the web site! I checked using Microsoft edge as well as Google chrome, and I am not getting any type of pop-up from Piper forum, nor would I expect to; my subscription to the Wix hosting site is for "ad-free" services. Will have to look into this, but try going directly to the web site rather than using the link posted in the Piper Forum.

The SSL Logo is posted by PayPal and Stripe, both of whom provide secure payment services. You will see the HTTPS in your browser bar when on the web site

Will definitely look into all of this and more in short order. Many, many thanks for the feedback!

Hi Cap,

Thank you for your advice re the web site! I checked using Microsoft edge as well as Google chrome, and I am not getting any type of pop-up from Piper forum, nor would I expect to; my subscription to the Wix hosting site is for "ad-free" services. Will have to look into this, but try going directly to the web site rather than using the link posted in the Piper Forum.

The SSL Logo is posted by PayPal and Stripe, both of whom provide secure payment services. You will see the HTTPS in your browser bar when on the web site

Will definitely look into all of this and more in short order. Many, many thanks for the feedback!

Welcome sir!

I am not a web pro, so others can advise better.. :)

I did see the Https in the header, but no security info avbl to read about SSL

The "pop up" was on the Explorer browser.

All the best with your products !

Cap

Latest posts

Back