• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

THE PIPER PEN PAL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Portable, durable and easy to install; no tools or adhesives are required. Simply pull out the old ashtray from its receptacle in the armrest and insert the pen holder/organizer. Will hold within easy reach 2 pencils, pens, tablet stylus or Mini Flashlight (AAA size), and comes with a slot for a standard aluminum clipboard and a receptacle to hold one standard SD card. Angled face leaves room for your arm. Fits front ashtray wells in Pa-28, Pa-44 as well as front and rear ashtray wells in Pa-32 & Pa-34 aircraft, or any other aircraft using the generic PIPER-style armrest-mounted ashtrays. Weight approx. 30 grams.

Available for left or right side. Numerous colours available, including white, black, gunmetal grey, light grey, dark cherry red, beige, caramel, golden brown, bronze, coffee brown, military green, forest green, lake blue, steel blue, navy blue, glow-in-the-dark green, glow-in-the dark blue and more.

An ideal birthday or Xmas gift for pilot owners & renters.

Patent Pending. Not affiliated with Piper Aircraft Inc.

Visit www.smj-aeroproducts.com

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliment on the Pen Holder!

Where the curtain rod brackets are concerned, when I called a Canadian distributor for Piper parts they wanted $100 each and had only one in stock with a delay period of a year if I wanted more. So I designed and 3-D printed replicas which are identical to the originals, except they won't fade or yellow in the sun. I think they're worth the $25 apiece (roughly $18 USd each) to have something that looks OEM rather than made of wood, to say nothing of the time involved in fabricating them, particularly for those who do NOT own their own shop equipment or have the patience and knowledge to do so. So that's a 75% discount over OEM. A kit of 26 costs the price of buying 23 singles. Add in the 15% promo and that's your 80% discount! :) Several dozen already sold on eBay.

Thanks for the compliment on the Pen Holder!

Where the curtain rod brackets are concerned, when I called a Canadian distributor for Piper parts they wanted $100 each and had only one in stock with a delay period of a year if I wanted more. So I designed and 3-D printed replicas which are identical to the originals, except they won't fade or yellow in the sun. I think they're worth the $25 apiece (roughly $18 USd each) to have something that looks OEM rather than made of wood, to say nothing of the time involved in fabricating them, particularly for those who do NOT own their own shop equipment or have the patience and knowledge to do so. So that's a 75% discount over OEM. A kit of 26 costs the price of buying 23 singles. Add in the 15% promo and that's your 80% discount! :) Several dozen already sold on eBay.

Actually, IMHO. the Pen Pal is brilliant!

By digging further, I now see there are 26 of them! The order form lists "1" in the window for a " full kit" which I read as a full "kit" of 1 bracket complete with screw , nut and washer. The rest of the description was not visible on the web page rendering..

Cheers!

Cap

Portable, durable and easy to install; no tools or adhesives are required. Simply pull out the old ashtray from its receptacle in the armrest and insert the pen holder/organizer. Will hold within easy reach 2 pencils, pens, tablet stylus or Mini Flashlight (AAA size), and comes with a slot for a standard aluminum clipboard and a receptacle to hold one standard SD card. Angled face leaves room for your arm. Fits front ashtray wells in Pa-28, Pa-44 as well as front and rear ashtray wells in Pa-32 & Pa-34 aircraft, or any other aircraft using the generic PIPER-style armrest-mounted ashtrays. Weight approx. 30 grams.

Available for left or right side. Numerous colours available, including white, black, gunmetal grey, light grey, dark cherry red, beige, caramel, golden brown, bronze, coffee brown, military green, forest green, lake blue, steel blue, navy blue, glow-in-the-dark green, glow-in-the dark blue and more.

An ideal birthday or Xmas gift for pilot owners & renters.

Patent Pending. Not affiliated with Piper Aircraft Inc.

Visit www.smj-aeroproducts.com
I went to the web site, I can’t figure out how to order a pen pal. There is no option to view price or purchase.

I went to the web site, I can’t figure out how to order a pen pal. There is no option to view price or purchase.

I noticed that too on the page for the pen pal. But if you go back to the menu (3 straight line) and choose shop, you see price, can pick quantity and color and check out.

HI, All,

Sorry if any difficulty navigating the web site; it's my first shot at using Wix. As TheDoc says, if you go to "Shop", you can view prices, select & purchase, etc.

The laptop/desktop version seems to be a little easier to navigate (and has animation) than the portable version.

Latest posts

Back