• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Piper model question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipster

Doug Ryan, Fake Pilot
Reaction score
Of you real pilot/owners out there I've always had a few questions about the Tomahawk. Where my sons train, there are only two tomahawks, the rest are the usual mix of ga a/c. Both of these tomahawk's are owned by individuals, not by flight schools, and they are perfect examples of well maintained aircraft.

1. Back in the day... haha. Was pilot training REALLY the main reason for the production of this aircraft? I mean and I'm trying to compare it to the use of the DA-20 for training new pilots these days (as was previously with the usaf as well). It seems like Diamond started to fill a niche years ago where Cessna killed it and Piper gave up. Does this thinking sound right?

I also have a Beechcraft question for anyone that has any info...

2. The Musketeer/Sundowner line. What on earth were they thinking when they created this? Two doors? There's one beautiful example of a Sundowner here, it looks like brand new and resembles nothing of the rest of the beech line at the time. I know the owner - he literally stole it at an estate sale.

Thanks for your time folks.
This forum is awesome.

Latest posts

Back