• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Parts install, A&P and markup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DesertNomad

Reaction score
I am a new owner so am unfamiliar with what is normal. My plane is in for an annual but at the same time I am considering adding a few upgrades.

One thing I am looking at is K2U LED wingtips, and Aveo LED nav/strobe/position lights.

From the manufacturers, the parts are $2K and $1K respectively. Is it typical for the end user to buy these parts and bring them to the A&P shop to install, or let the shop order them... And mark them up presumably?

What is typical? My shop is telling me that they frown on user supplied parts and have a mark up of 25-35% on most but 10% on big stuff like engines.

Latest posts

Back