• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Painting interior plastic trim and dyeing the leather.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyH

Reaction score
I may be missing a thread from the forum here, so forgive me if I have.

I'm considering dyeing my leather interior, ie the seats and panels. All are in good physical condition, but have some fading due to the sun. I'm thinking of changing the color some too.
I've looked at VHT penetrating dyes, but no one can tell me if it's FAA approved.

I also want to re-paint the plastic trim pcs. What are people using that is FAA approved? these are flexible pcs. as we know, so isn't some flexor needed in a paint? I know I'll need to prep and clean everything beforehand.

I'm doing quite a lot on the plane right now, but before I put it all back together, I'm considering these changes.

Latest posts

Back