• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Oil in a single vs. in a twin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BGFYankee

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Hate to rehash the oil topic, but...

I have always been a big believer and user of the Phillips 20W-50 in my Lance, but as I look through many Seneca log books, I'm seeing A LOT of folks using Aeroshell 15W-50. The 20W-50 has carried me through just about all climates and geographical areas. Anyone else using 15W-50 in a Seneca (or other twin) and have an opinion? Just curious why it seems to be so prevalent throughout all these logbooks I'm seeing. I tried Aeroshell 100 in my Lance one summer and had bad results...at least I think I did. That was pre-engine monitor though, so it could've just been a bad gauge.

Does the TSIO-360 run cooler than my IO-540 or is there really not that much of a difference in the two weights??

Latest posts

Back