• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Newbie...May Buy a Cherokee 6 - Need Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beicholz

Reaction score
Hello members...this is my first post here! I am active on the POA and Cirrus websites.

I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out what to buy, ending up focusing on Cirrus SR22 or Cessna 182.

That is until I started researching the Cherokee 6 series. Now I'm thinking this is the plane for me, and I want to learn as much as I can, FAST.

What I like:
* Incredible load / roominess
* Slow stall speed (47 knots?)...meaning emergency landings would be shorter (less need for the Cirrus parachute)
* Price...seems like $125K buys a decent one and $175K buys an even better one with some glass

The only downside I can see is cruise speed (don't care for my missions) and fuel consumption (similar to a Cirrus SR22, but the Cirrus goes 160- 189 knots).

Am I missing anything? How can I learn as much as I can as fast as I can about the 6 / Saratoga? Any recommended links or threads on this site?

Thanks, all!

Latest posts

Back