• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New PA-28-180 Owner (KPNS)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesUWF

Reaction score
Hey guys, just thought I'd officially jump in the mix here, after months of "lurking."

Just took delivery of my first aircraft, last week; a 1969 Cherokee 180. I've always liked the way the PA-28 series handle, and research in the forums steered me toward the 180. I lucked out and found one that has everything in the cockpit laid out the way I prefer it to be.

I'll open up with two questions:

1. First thing's first. I'm shopping for a cabin cover. There are so many to choose from, and so far I like what I read about Bruce's. I've already taken my antenna measurements, and I'm ready to order. Any thoughts? Personal experiences?

2. My work schedule can be demanding, at times, and occasionally I have to work through a weekend or two. Missed out on a $100 hamburger offer today, from my buddy with a Cessna 140, as a matter of fact. As far as the aircraft and engine are concerned, how long is too long between flights?

I've read some interesting articles on this, already. I plan on taking her up tomorrow. It's been a week and a half since she last flew, but the aircraft is hangared. Should I be concerned?

Thanks,
James

Latest posts

Back