• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Front carpet "removable attachment" options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm in the early days of considering an interior refurbishment of my PA-28-180, and when I eventually do the job, I'd prefer to have a front carpet attachment method that keeps the carpet in place, but still allows for easy removal and replacement. Am I asking to have my cake and eat it, too?

I'm hangared at my home base, but I've had trouble with water intrusion when parked outside on trips. Over the 10 years I've owned my plane I've made multiple attempts to identify the source of the leak(s) and fix them, but the problem remains. Multiple times, I've been glad that my front carpet was easy to remove, since it allowed me to get it out of the plane for cleaning/drying and also allowed me to dry the floor underneath.

I will continue to search for the point(s) of intrusion (I'm wondering if I might find something while I have all the interior apart during this project), but until I finally slay the leak monster, I would like to preserve the ability to remove the front carpet. That said, I don't just want it sliding around, either.

Are there any great options for that? I'm thinking double-sided tape might work, thought it might need to be reapplied periodically. Maybe Velcro? Snaps? Something else?

Latest posts

Back