• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New owner intro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwill

Reaction score
Have been gathering information from the group and wanted to be more active. Got my Private June 2010 and my '67 140 a week later. She was my uncle's for Twenty years before I bought her.

I'm an ex Air Force crew chief and hate having write ups in my forms so by this last annual I have taken care of all AD's. Swapping out the bow ties yokes was not intentional, but thru a mishap by my avionics shop and a push to talk switch, I now have a great set of Beech style yokes from Cygnet Aerospace.

Besides the yokes, I have removed the portable intercom and installed a com panel, music inputs and 4 place inter phone jacks, marker beacon antenna, Bogert battery cables, removed Loran, and getting ready to install an EI FP-5l fuel flow and pressure.

Want to add shoulder harness next and considering whether to add panel mount GPS and go for IFR rating.

Having a great time planning and taking trips. Of course you can't beat being able to get up for a couple laps around the field when ever you feel like it. Thanks again for all the info and future questions coming your way!
Merry Christmas

Latest posts

Back