• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New member, new owner, PA-28-180, N4927L

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I just joined this forum on the recommendation of a friend and co-worker. I'm James P., from Houston TX. I recently purchased N4927L the 1967 PA-28-180C. She was located in Florida, a friend flew me out there in his Cessna 172, and I flew her back, getting an epic 8.5 hour cross-country done which also happened to satisfy my 250 mile/3 approach IFR requirement.

I've only been flying for about a year but the bug caught me hard and I have about 130 hours, mostly in 161s and 181s. I have N4927L hangared at KDWH, Hooks memorial in NW Houston. One of the 'top 20 busiest GA airports in the country' from what I hear (one of my FA colleagues just looked it up, definitely in the top 50). Definitely a good place to train.

I work as a technical project manager at FlightAware. I'm the Crew Lead for the Flight Tracking crew and PM for the Mobile and ADS-B teams.

Came here looking for technical manuals for my plane but also to connect with fellow owners and learn as much as I can about maintaining and improving our plane. She has about 3600TT, 350 SMOH. I'm already scheduled to have a GTX375 and G5 HDI put in, she should go in for that upgrade next week. The interior is all original in decent shape, but I'm already pricing out refurbishing it all over the next couple of years.

Already enjoying the freedom that comes with ownership, I've put about 25 hours on her myself in the last 3 weeks. I also took her up with a local aerobatics instructor who's a friend of mine, and we put N4927L through some basic spins and wing-over turns which really helped me get used to her flying characteristics.

Anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to learning from this group.

James P.

20200522_163819.jpg20200526_194459_HDR 1.jpgreceived_1152240448474203.jpeg20200523_182713.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back