• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Looking for STC copies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrc1962

Reaction score
I've decided to go for a field approval on Art Mattson style wing root vortex generators and the tape style gap seals for a PA32. I need to prove to the FAA that a PA32 will not fall out of the sky with these mods and my AI says the best way to to do that is to show them an STC for the mod for a different but similar aircraft.

So what I'm looking for are copies of the STC for Art Mattsons vortex generators and gap seals for any PA28. That plus some research found on the web...and a little begging...might be enough.

Any STC's for the MicroAero VG's for PA28 or PA32 would also be helpful. Those are full span, but it proves that they work.

I have no intention of trying to pass off these copies as legit and please mark them as you need to so you are comfortable. As you all know, in order to be legal, a letter granting permission to install the part is needed to legal anyway.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. In fact, if anyone that has the VG's installed in anywhere near west TN, I'd be willing to fly to you and take some measurements.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back