• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

New member introduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killrocks

Reaction score
Hi all, I just wanted to post up in the Introductions thread, since I've been active on this forum I don't think I actually properly introduced myself. My name is Geoff, I own Nxx521 a 1973 Cherokee that was somewhat run down when I took ownership last September. She was previously based in Ohio and Cook County IL, and was flown regularly up until the last year prior to my purchase, during which she languished on the ramp in the desert. And wow, that year of sitting did a number on her. With the help of a handful of really neat people here in AZ, I bought the airplane, we conducted a very extensive Owner Assisted annual that included all new brake hoses, a couple new instruments, new vacuum lines, rebuilding the calipers, numerous other small repairs and an airframe corrosion treatment. She is IFR equipped, with a MAC1700 and King KX175B, an ADF and an old Apollo 612 Loran that I'm waiting on the right cheap deal to replace it with the plug-in replacement GPS. She is also equipped with Mattson's prop STC as well as his 3M tape aileron seals, and a vertical stab root speed fairing. Currently 521 is down having a top overhaul done (again with my assistance) and I hope to have her back together, test flown, and back to training sometime next week. So far I've enjoyed the comeraderie here on this forum. I am a Piper fan, and I love my little Cherokee. She's pretty and she flies well. I've posted a couple pics of her in the pic forum.

With all the mechanical work, I've only gotten in 10 hours on my PPL so far. Once she's back up and running, we'll be back it it. I am going to be adding wheel pants back on, and then I'm thinking of some of Robin's speed mods - add on fairings for the wheel pants, flap gap seals, and eventually perhaps the wing smoothing mod.

I started out at Deer Valley but am now based at KGEU.

Thanks again for a wonderful forum and some great members, I appreciate you!

Latest posts

Back