• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

Left High, St Augustine.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwinEd

Reaction score
Last minute change. First, I was suppose to fly down Saturday to Craig( Jacksonville) and drop off my parents. The weather front and tornados Saturday wouldn't allow that. As we are driving to the airport this morning we changed airports to St Augustine. I've been there before for a quick fuel stop with the family. Yesterday, after Jacksonville and the tower turning us right downwind..... AT 4000'( think plane on fire, emergency descent. Drop gear, flaps and watch your ears) we made it safely on the ground. They were very helpful at Galaxy aviation. Then went upstairs for lunch before flying back home to Gallatin, Tn. Excellent food, they had several others who had flown in just for lunch. Great 2nd story view. An EAA guy was there taking pics for an upcoming magazine. I then taxied over to the self serve pumps for some $4.49 fuel. The airport was Super busy! Planes were 3-5 deep waiting to depart the entire time I was there. 7.5 hrs flying today was great! Heading to Merrit Island in 3 weeks. Can't wait for more 65 degree Florida weather. You guys have a great airport.
Oh yea, forgot. I departed my home airport 32 degrees and fogged in( 100' overcast and 1/4 mile vis.).

Latest posts

Back