• PiperForum.com is a vibrant community of Piper owners and pilots. Our over 1,500+ active members use Piper Forum to swap technical knowledge, plan meetups and sell planes/parts. We host technical knowledge of general aviation topics and specific topics on J3-Cubs, Cherokees, Comanches, Pacers and more. In addition to an instant community of pilots for you, PiperForum.com is a library of technical topics, airplane builds, images, technical manuals, technical documents and more.

Access to PiperForum.com is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of Piper knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access PiperForum.com in Full!

LED light upgrade for a 180

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpwamt

Reaction score
With all these post about the new LED strobe nav and beacon lights upgrade I am feeling left out. but I have a few questions.

For those that installed the Aveo Redbaron beacon how did you install it paper work wise, as aircraftspruce says it is for experimential only??

If I decide on a beacon to put in, can I just put one on the belly, like underneath the baggage area? Or do they not look that bad on the tail? Just trying to make it look more streamlined and not a ton of bricks strapped to the top of the tail.

Also for those that have the led nav/strobe combo. How did you run the wires to the cabin? Or did you have a strobe light already installed and used previous wiring? I want to put strobes on but my biggest delima is how to get the wires from the light to the cabin, As i dont have strobes right now and only one inspection panel for access by the aileron bellcrank.

thanks

Jay W

Latest posts

Back